Did you know...
- 1 in 10 people lack access to clean drinking water?
- water, sanitation and hygiene related disease kill nearly 1 million people each year?
- women and girls across the world collectively spend about 200 million hours every day collecting water?
- nearly 1 out of every 5 deaths under the age of 5 worldwide is due to a water-related disease?
- girls under the age of 15 are twice as likely as boys to be the family member responsible for fetching water?
- half of the world's hospital beds are filled with people suffering from a water-related disease?